Jess

On Mon, 12 Sep 2005 15:51:38 -0500, Jess
wrote:

Hi all,

I would like some help / advice in outfitting my shop.

My question is, which voltage should I specify - and why?

Update:

Thanks for all the help so far.
OK, the 440v is out. Any future 400+v requirements will be avoided or
met with my own transformer and new top notch gear downstream.

Delta vs Wye?, 208 vs 240 ?
It seems like there are some definite compromises there.
In particular - whether or not you have 110v single and 240v single
available, and whether you have three well balanced legs? (if I
understand correctly).

Any other additions to the delta / wye 208 /240 debate would be
greatly appreciated.

Thanks again for all the help.
Jess