Rex B

Hawke wrote:
Last week I saw Bush on TV with his pal "Brownie", the head of FEMA, and he
was praising him for doing such a good job handling things in Louisiana.
Days later he's sent back to Washington and his job is given to a Coast
Guard admiral. Today Brown turned in his resignation. That is so typical of
Bush and his monumental hypocrisy and dishonesty. He's out there telling
everyone how great a job his appointee is doing when he knows the guy has
messed everything up. Then after saying what a great job he's done, a week
later he has the guy resign. That's George Bush for you. An honest man would
have told the truth about his appointee from the start and apologized, but
not Bush. Always lie and deceive if he might look bad is his usual method.
And this is the guy who was supposed to bring back honor and integrity to
the White House. Hah!

Well, that's one spin. I took it as letting the guy off easy and letting
him save face. Shame on George for being a nice guy?
He just can't win with people who have made up their minds to hate.