SMS

Ryan wrote:
"If your home owners is a $1000.00 then 20% is $200.00 My last
monitored
system cost $19.99 plus tax a month. I do not think that you can get a

installed system monitored for that. More like $35.00 a month."

We have ADT, it's $28 including taxes a month for monitoring. Would
love to pay less, but that's the fee.

There are many companies that do monitoring for a lot less, as long as
you don't install a proprietary system like ADT. You can change the
controller on an ADT system to a non-proprietary model, while keeping
the same sensors, so you can switch to a less expensive monitoring company.

"http://www.smarthome.com/alarm.html" $9/month
"http://www.911alarm.com/" $12/month

All the profit in alarms comes from the monitoring contracts, which are
obscenely priced. Note that more and more cities are refusing to even
respond to alarms, for two reasons: 1) nearly 100% rate of false alarms,
and 2) by the time they can get to the house, the burglars are long
gone, since a burglars will typically spend less than three minutes in a
house before leaving.