Tim

Default Electric Hot Water - continual dirty 'yellow/brown' water

Bought a new home a year ago with a 10 year old upright electric hot
water tank and the hot water gradually started to turn the yellowish
brown sort of color, so read up on solutions and 'flushing' seemed the
approriate action

First flush and suspicions confirmed as brown (along red) dirt sediment
started to rush out, flushed from the top with a garden hose and
through the bottom via the cold water inlet valve till it ran clear
again

Remained clear for 24 hours before it started to go yellow/brown again

Same process as above, lots more brown/red dirt muck sediment came out,
flushed top and bottom till clear, water clear for 24 hours then next
day dirty yellow again

And so this process has gone on for a month now with 2 full flush
cleanouts a week, but still the hot water remains a yellow brown (cold
water is fine and cold water via the inlet valve is also fine) and am
getting might annoyed by now!

Probably flushed out a good few inches of fine dirt - not overly
impressed with my water provider either and previous house owner

Is a ceramic/glass tank

I have a suspect that the sediment is lining the sides of the tank but
can't get at them with the hose through the top hole????

Is there any suggestion to what I can do to give it a complete flush to
cleanout the crap out once and for all or need to seek professional help