Chris

wrote in message
On Mon, 12 Sep 2005 21:29:40 -0400, in misc.consumers.frugal-living
"Chris"
wrote:

My lender will not finance homes that are on a flood plain.

Are we talking a real lender (only a couple of handfuls) or a broker?
Most
lenders will lend in a flood zone. They use the 100year flood plan that
is
given to them when the property is appraised. If the property is in
question, all that is normally required is the property owner to carry
flood
insurance on the property. More common sense than anything. I think
your
broker might be handing you some.

My lender is the US Government.

Since when is the government handing out loans? Or is this some new
welfare
thing I am not aware of?

It's not welfare, it's a loan with a low interest rate. Funny how only in
this
country "welfare" is a bad word. We are so brainwashed in this country.

Yep it is said how people who work for a living are paying for people who do
not feel like working. I think us working people should work harder to
provide for those who do not to work.

You are free to head off to any country that is not "brainwashed" as we are
on welfare. Before you leave, please let us know what country provides
better welfare, and is not brainwashed.

--
Chris

If you can read this, thank a teacher. If it is in English, thank a
soldier. If it is in ebonics, thank your Congressman.