HMFIC-1369

I'm not a survivor nut just a Cosco, BJ, Sams kind a guy. Food really not
much space, but water is a lot, but you can cut water if using a lot of
canned foods (because of water). I keep lots of dried legumes, nuts and
fruits. I also pick up cases of ensure and power bars when on sale. But
don't laugh I actually have a river next to the house... The water is for
the little woman. I got my filtration pac.
I use 1/2 Gal. perday this is good for heat of summer. I have 20 5 gallon
and 10 1 gallon and 6 32 bottle cases. With all the food and gear 12 foot
wide by 36" deep and 8 foot high. It takes up one small wall.

The water is really no problem I get it delivered, plus we don't use tap
here many years ago it was great but the last 10 heavy chlorination. and
normal daily use is pretty consistent with morning coffee to 1 G.

"Don" wrote in message
link.net...
"HMFIC-1369" wrote
Bottom line is 30 days! Katrina shows areas still under flood waters,

well
after a week. The object is NOT rescue! I maintain 6 months food and

water
in my food cellar.

How much space does 6 months worth of food and water occupy?