wallster

Wayne Cook wrote:
SNIPPED
leaving only the 3/4" thickness to hold the whole thing up. If that
gusset went to the top of the bumper I wouldn't worry to much.

Wayne Cook
Shamrock, TX
http://members.dslextreme.com/users/waynecook/index.htm

Hey Wayne (or anyone else here), have you ever mig welded on a bumper
while it's still attached to the vehicle? It's a major pita taking this
thing on and off but i'm not big on exploding (from the proximity of
the fuel tank)
I would be welding outdoors to allow for optimum ventilation.
It sounds like a no-brainer not to do it but i've seen a car completely
engulfed in flames and the fire fighter told me that the blowing up of
the gas tank wasn't a major concern. (although the spare tire popping
was exciting!)
thanks,
walt