Wayne Cook

On Mon, 12 Sep 2005 09:03:41 -0400, "wallster"
wrote:

I made a dirt bike carrier last weeks:
http://www.wallys-speed-shop.com/projects.html#carrier
and there was concern regarding the hitch/receiver set up. I added a few
more enhancements to make it stronger. This supports a 40lb rack with a
215lb motorcycle strapped to it. The tongue extends about 15" from the jeep.
Here's a detailed pic of the hitch:
http://www.wallys-speed-shop.com/hitch_getup.jpg
Wayne Cook, what are your thoughts?

The only area of concern is at the bottom of the bumper. If you look
at it you see that the gusset stops right at the bottom of the bumper
leaving only the 3/4" thickness to hold the whole thing up. If that
gusset went to the top of the bumper I wouldn't worry to much.

Wayne Cook
Shamrock, TX
http://members.dslextreme.com/users/waynecook/index.htm