Fred

"Alan Smithee" wrote in message
news:6dnTe.116488$Hk.113427@pd7tw1no...
I want to rebuild my cordless drill's battery pack. I need 15 sub c cells
1.2 volt (18volts/1.2=15). My old drill took NiCads but I thought I'd
upgrade them to NiMH. The charger is one of those dumb chargers, hopefully
it just takes longer to charger the NiMHs. BTW, how do you solder the
suckers together? Last time I tried to solder a battery I couldn't get the
end to take tin. Also, is there a decent mailorder battery place someone
could recommend. Geez, you do a search for batteries on the internet and
it
almost like searching for p*rn with the number of flaky sites that come
up.
Thx.

Spot weld from factory but I didn't have any problem soldering the batteries
together. Also try ebay as you may be able to buy a new battery pack cheaper
than rebuilds. Make sure they use good batteries, Panasonics for example.

Charging NiMH on a NiCad charger, I don't know. I've done it with individual
cells ok but I heard from other people that NiCad charger don't work as the
tolerance on the NiMH is more demanding - I have no experience in this with
the power packs.