Derek ^

On 11 Sep 2005 08:06:20 -0700, wrote:

Are you sure you don't have another source of damp?

Yes. The water was trapped between internal (which had been plastered
over) and external rendering and it was simply hydrostatic pressure

A 75 cm thick wall full of water ? (

that eventually forced it into the house. In any case, unlesss every
cat for 50 miles is climbing on my roof, nightly, to urinate on the
rendering (I think I'd have noticed (:- ) rain is the only possible
source - and we've had very little of that in this area in the last 2
or 3 years. But if you have a credible alternative, I'm listening. The
novelty of bare plaster in the living room is beginning to pall.

How much does the dehumidifier collect in it's 8 hour session?

Noticing that my vacuum foodsealer sucks moisture vigorously out of
stuff such as onions I wonder if sealing the area with a visqueen
membrane using flexible RTV and vacuum pumping it out with an
aspirator (killing 2 birds with one stone) might work?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aspirator

http://hyperphysics.phy-astr.gsu.edu...ids/aspir.html

Be Careful ! see pics...

Possible snag, onions are of course compressible walls are not. But if
the wall is permeable enough it might be worth a try.

I want a Nobel prize if it works.

DG