John Rumm

Christian McArdle wrote:

I suspect it is written like that so that the OP can continue to use his
system (with an RCD) without having the power disconnected by overzealous
contractors/maintenance people. It really isn't that unsafe, provided that
the circuit conductors passed their continuity tests with the expected
numbers.

Not wishing to alarm Grant any more, but one thing I have not seen
mentioned yet is performing an insulation resistance check on the
current circuit either. Since it sounds as if the place is wired with
"older" cables, that could be a another potential problem area.

--
Cheers,

John.