Tom MacIntyre

On 11 Sep 2005 19:33:54 -0700, "jlatenight"
wrote:

James Sweet wrote:
Anything for a camcorder is probably a switching regulator (lightweight box,
not a big heavy transformer) so the regulation should be decent.

Thanks everyone for your responses. Here is the one I bought:
http://www.simacorp.com/products/ite...41 136&id=493

Specifications SUP-60
Input Voltage 120 VAC
Output Voltages / Maximum Current
3.3 Volts / 2.1 Amps
4.2 Volts / 2.0 Amps
5.0 Volts / 1.9 Amps
6.5 Volts / 1.7 Amps
8.4 Volts / 1.6 Amps
9.5 Volts / 1.5 Amps
Dimensions 3.0" x 1.5" x 0.8"

I'll measure the voltage and current at 6.5v & 8.4v and see which one's
closer at no load.

No load means zero current.

Tom

Just wondering how to know if the camera can handle
.5v or so higher than it needs. And it does say "[this device] is
fully regulated using high efficiency switching technology and features
overload and short circuit protection."