Mike Berger

I'd measure the voltage under load connected to the camcorder
to see how close it really is. Those universal AC adapters
are usually way way off.

jlatenight wrote:
Hi! I have a camcorder that I need an AC adapter for, and I found a
universal AC adapter at BestBuy that should do the trick accept for one
thing: the voltage needed by the camera is 7.9v at 1.4amps. The
universal adapter has two voltage settings that are close, but not
exact. The adapter will supply enough current, so I know I'm fine
there. One's 6.5v and the next one is 8.4v. So..if it seems to run ok
at 8.4 volts am I ok?? I mean, do I run the risk of frying my
Camcorder b/c I'm pumping too much voltage through it? Half a volt
doesn't seem like a lot, but I thought I'd ask to be safe. The
instructions for the adapter say "[this device] is fully regulated
using high efficiency switching technology and features overload and
short circuit protection."