User Example

Robert Allison wrote:
User Example wrote:

Sam the Cat wrote:

Folks,
I am looking for the volume of concrete in a 60 and 80 lb bag.
It seems
its only sold by weight and the quantity calculators online at either
sakrete or quikrete are PIA since you have to convert to "equivalent
slab"
size. Someone has got to know the numbers -- looking for something
like x
cuft / 60 lb bag etc

TIA

I have an 80lb bag of premix concrete in my garage that says 1 cu. ft.
on it. And based on use, I'd say it is right.

And you would be wrong. I have done about 600 replacements of balcony
decks on apartment complexes (2" of concrete on a wooden substrate, each
about 6'x8'). The first ones that we did, I measured the cubic feet
needed for the deck and bought the appropriate amount of bags (marked 1
cubic foot). On the first one we were 12 bags short. I recalculated
and it came out the same.

I returned to my concrete supplier (instead of home depot) and bought
identical weight bags of concrete (80 pound bags). These, however, were
marked .60 cubic feet. I did the calculations again. The next deck had
1/2 bag leftover.

Now I use the .60 measurement and it comes out pretty close every time,
even when I buy the stuff at home depot that is marked 1 cubic foot.

No. I would be right. I made a 35" x 16" x 6" form and it took less
than two bags. Do the math. Not sure what you are using but you don't
get as much per bag.

Gary