ESM

Here is my ice maker

http://www3.sears.com/Paul/Leadimage...titleID=00012&

"ESM" wrote in message
. ..
How exactly do I take the ice tray out? I'm worried I'm going to snap
something apart. This is an ice maker that dumps in a removable bin that
is on the door.

on the maker itself is a large black piece on the left, and on the front
is a white plastic piece with "fins".

"Andy" wrote in message
ups.com...
Andy writes;

If it uses a plastic tray that drops the ice by twisting the tray,
and the
unit is 3-4 years old or more, it MIGHT be that sediment buildup in
the
tray has made the surfaces rough and when the tray twists, all of the
ice
doesn't fall out. The next time it is filled, the water sent is too
much since
some of the slots are still filled, and the water bridges over the top
of
the tray and freezes. Then, almost none of the ice will drop out when
the
tray twists. Then, the water runs across the top of the tray and just
drips
into the ice bin and freezes.....

If this is your problem, just replace the ice tray. It snaps out and
back
in, and costs about 10 bucks....

I've had a Kenmore for about 20 years, and have done this every
3-4 years, and it always has fixed it......

And, yess, I have taken apart the icemaker and messed with it, and
I am an engineer and know about stuff ..... after doing it the first
time,
I don't bother --- I just replace the ice tray....

Sears has a website that you can order it in the mail.... Takes about
a week.....

I hope this is your problem, as it is something you can handle
yourself and save a bunch of bucks...

Andy