Richard Faulkner

In message , Chris Bacon
writes
Richard Faulkner wrote:
Chris Bacon writes
[Cloud 9] It's an absolute *triumph* of marketing.

Are you saying it isnt any good.

No, just that it's very popular because it's easy to lay - even
easier than "normal" ribbed rubber. Roll it out, spot it down
with spray glue, tape the seams[1], whizz off any bits, done.

OK - I chose it, rather than having it sold to me, based on a variety of
research. Not sure what I thought about felt at the time.

I use it under fairly cheap carpets, and it provides a soft
cushion which makes them feel much more expensive.

It's fine[2], 'though I'm not sure how long it will
last - ISTR you're in the letting business;

Correct

it may
be more appropriate than felt for that, depending
on what you let, to who.

I hope so, but why do you think so? - I let reasonably specified flats,
(which I would happily live in), to reasonable working people, who seem
to look after them reasonably well - so far, so good g

[1] Last two operations "optional" for most fitters.
[2] however, I think a good felt is still the best!

I'll certainly consider it for the next few flats - what makes and
product would you recommend?

--
Richard Faulkner