David Hearn

Phillip Kyle wrote:
"Harry Bloomfield" verbally sodomised
in :

David Hearn wrote :

I have to re-attach a piece of plastic which is the pivot for 2 pieces
of plastic to hinge. It's like a plastic rivet. Unfortunately the top
of the 'rivet' has come off (top is about 2cm across) and needs to be
glued back onto the shaft (about 1cm diameter tube, about 2-3mm of
material).

What would be the best glue to do this, considering that it is under
quite a bit of stress when the 2 arms are flexed?

Glueing plastics never works well. I'm struggling to understand the
description of part your are trying to glue anyway.

I find I have some success by hot riviting small broken plastic parts.
For smaller parts I use ordinary paper staples, bent so provide the
reinforcement needed, then pushed into the plastic with an hot
soldering iron.

You are an adrenaline junkie.

Wouldn't an araldite junking be more appropriate?

(mass cross posting by troll removed)