Dave D

wrote in message
ups.com...
I own a wireless guitar system that operates at 170.245 MHz. My
transmitter broke,

How? Transmits carrier but no audio? No carrier or audio? Totally dead?
Drove over it in the car? If it's anything but the latter it could well be
fixable, especially if you are competent enough to consider building one!

but the receiver still works. I am looking for
schematics for a simple transmitter of the same frequency that will
accept a High Z guitar signal and will broadcast about 100 to 150 feet.
Any ideas appreciated.

Forget it. Building a small transmitter with rock steady frequency,
spectrally clean output, wide modulation sufficient for hi fi sound quality,
properly matched to a guitar pickup, reliable and with very low power
consumption in not trivial for anyone but an experienced designer. Even then
it would be a fairly big project.

Not to mention that in many/most countries such a home made unit would
breach radio licensing regulations.

Sure, there are designs for quick and dirty wireless 'bugs' which will
transmit an audio signal, some with quite good fidelity, onto an FM
broadcast receiver.
However, these are simple free running oscillators which drift like a drifty
thing and throw out a lot of RF dirt.

There's only two satisfactory ways of achieving satisfactory results IMO-
get the transmitter repaired, either professionally or by someone competent,
or buy a new one.

Why not post details of the fault here? Maybe we can offer some help fixing
it.

Dave