Mr Fizzion

On Sun, 11 Sep 2005 21:02:20 +0100, Andy Hall
wrote:

On Sun, 11 Sep 2005 20:33:21 +0100, Mr Fizzion
wrote:

I have found climaflex and armaflex and some thick black expensive
rubbery stuff in B&Q. Is any particular type better?

I notice that climaflex is available in 22 x 19 and 22 x 25 mm and
most places only sell 22 x 19. Is the 22 x 25mm necessary or is it
overkill?

This really depends on what you want to use it for.

If it's to insulate pipes in a loft to prevent freezing, then it
probably doesn't matter a great deal.

OTOH, if it's to insulate underground heating pipes outside, then more
is better.

The pipes are heating pipes under the suspended ground floor. I have
read that mice are partial to climaflex (though they probably they eat
anything that isn't stainless steel!)

Mr F.