Andy Hall

On 11 Sep 2005 19:25:23 GMT, (Andrew
Gabriel) wrote:

I might also suggest they get their parks department to fix it,
which would probably be the cheapest option for them, if I could
trust them to do a good job.

They don't really have a good track record up to this point, do they?

I wouldn't invite that, because then you lose control over what
happens. far better to pick your own contractor and deal with it on
a purely financial basis.

Do they use a 3rd party subcontractor for doing the path weeding by
any chance? I think that I'd ask that question as well to see who is
supposed to take responsibility. I would imagine that a
subcontractor would have to take responsibility to indemnify the local
authority for any cock ups they make and have insurance to cover it.
That could be an angle

Then you are faced with how much time do you want to spend on
recovering something from them.

Perhaps a call to the local press to see if they are short of a human
vs. big brother story, if it becomes necessary?

Yes. The more I think about this, the more it's ****ing me off.

I think I would be as well. It's not so much the cost but the
invasion of privacy and careless disregard for your space and
property.

I am one of the increasingly few people in the road who try to
maintain a front garden. Could just give up and concrete it all
over like nearly everyone else has.

If it was otherwise regularly abused and became an uphill struggle to
maintain, then fine. For a one-off and stupidity, then I wouldn't
give up.

--

..andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl