Ned Simmons

In article 1126457224.121977.55810
@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com,
says...

Bob, thanks allot for your reply, because you got me thinking again of
having the cam-follower rotate with the shaft, & putting a bushing on
each side of the shaft. Then, when I was looking through the igus
catalog, I found the miniature bushing and put everything together. I
did not know they made bushings that small, that could support loads
14,310 PSI with a PV of 12,000 dry.

Thanks again to everyone that has replied, especially Ned and Bob. I
have so many constraints on this design, because of the limited space,
I was really starting to feel boxed in. It always helps to get feedback
from other people, and that's why forums like this are great.

Sincerely,
John

This sounds like a huge improvement. Igus = good, I
purchase a fair amount of stuff from them. Are you familiar
with drill jig bushings? I think it's quite likely you can
use them for your follower. They're very hard, usually made
of 52100 bearing steel, and can be had in a large range of
ID, OD, and length. 3/16 OD bushings are available as
standard from 1.6 to 2.5mm ID, and from 1/4 to 3/4" long.
You can specify any ID you please within that range.

Here's one source...

http://www.carrlane.com/Catalog/inde...025071F0B22111
8070C1C512D020609090C0015482013180B041D1E173C3B285 351435D

Ned Simmons