Keith Marshall

That's a decent deal assuming that "all the tooling" includes the original
steady rest, follow rest, faceplate, chuck, gears, etc.

The drawbacks to that lathe in addition to what others have mentioned are
that it does not have a powered crossfeed, it only has a partial quickchange
gearbox and it's lowest speed is too high for many things.

The same basic lathe is available from Enco, Grizzly, Harbor Freight,
Wholesale Tool and probably a few others but you'll get good support from
JET. When I picked mine up at a local auction it had a bad gear and JET
sent me a manual for free so I could find the part number of the gear and
then shipped the gear to me very quickly.

BTW, the manual is now available online.

http://www.wmhtoolgroup.com/partfiles/m_321373.pdf

Best Regards,
Keith Marshall

"I'm not grown up enough to be so old!"

"John" wrote in message
Can anyone tell me if Jet lathes are any good for the home workshop? I can
get a 9x20 with the stand and all the tooling locally for $500.00 . It's 4
yrs old and in great shape. Thx....John