sno

Eric wrote:

wrote:

because of the high proce of gas, would putting a motor on a bicycle be
practicle to get to work a few days a week? I live about 18 miles away
it is all highway with a wide berm for bicycles. I have a spare 5 horse
motor from an old tiller. Could I mount a bracket and put it above my
back wheel to drive the back wheel on my 10 speed mountain bike? Would
I be able to pedal it home if the engine failed? How would I rig a
clutch of some sort or would I even need it? Seems like an interesting
project.

How fast could you go with a 5 horse motor?

Yes you could, its called a "motorcycle" and they have been around for a
long time, come in a wide variety of styles and horsepower and can be
purchased at a dealer near you
Eric

There used to be a conversion you could buy....had a wide small wheel,
like a wheelbarrow wheel, with a platform to mount the motor to,
the rear fork attached to the platform...
Was nice because of the low center of gravity....a problem with lots of
motorized bikes....

Do not know if is still available...did a google search but could not
find
anything....

hope helps...have fun.....sno

--
Seen it all, done it all, can't remember most of it

This tag line is generated by:

SLTG (Silly Little Tag Generator)