Deville

On Sun, 11 Sep 2005 07:04:19 +0000 (UTC), "John"
wrote:

"Deville" wrote in message
.. .
Having just replaced separate hot and cold bath taps with a mixer tap,
I'm finding that the flow rate has been reduced, almost as if the
mixer tap wasn't fully opening. Presumably this is a symptom of a
defective tap rather than a "feature"?

Could be a number of things. Have you used flexis? Their internal bore is
a lot smaller than that of copper pipe and can reduce flow on sytstems where
the pressure isn't very high.

No, I simply replaced the existing taps with the mixer straight onto
the existing copper pipe.

It could be that the stopcock and/or
isolators are not turned fully on ( I always turn stopcocks fully on and
then 1/2 a turn back ).

I'm pretty sure they're fully open. The inline stopcocks only turn
through 90 degrees.

It may be a mixer tap designed for high pressure
systems and your system isn't.

Ah, I wasn't aware such things existed.
The feed is a combi boiler in conjunction with an electric shower
pump.

Thanks for the input.