Mike Harrison

Default smoothing weathered concrete

On 22 Jun 2004 17:29:48 GMT, Ian Stirling wrote:

Mike Harrison wrote:
The concrete path at the front of my house is weathered, so the surface is very rough from the
pebbles etc. - makes it painful to walk on without shoes, and milkbottles tend to fall over.

Is there anything I can lay on the surface to smooth it off - I would imagine that just putting a
layer of fine cement down would just break up quickly, and adhesion would be a problem.
Doing it properly - i.e. breaking up and re-pouring would be way more trouble than it's worth

Any suggestions..?

Decking?
Would an inch or two of concrete be out of place?

A concrete overcoat (?) of an inch or two may be viable, but how do you get it to bond well and not
crack - might a layer of reinforcing mesh do the trick ?