raden

Default Gas boiler parts

In message , Jeremy
Taylor writes
Managed to fix my gas boiler last night - the pilot light had shrunk
to a tiny, tiny flame due to the hole filling with crud. I cleaned out
the hole and today it is working fine.

However - the flame sensor and pilot light assembly was in a bit of a
state - rusty, covered in crap. Where can I buy new bits? I don't
suppose B&Q stocks this type of thing - they wouldn't want to
encourage DIY on gas boilers I'm sure. But I'm not keen to pay some
bozo to come and change these rudimentary parts.

The boiler is pretty old - Gloworm I think. Must be 15-20 years old.

Are there suppliers willing/able to sell to Joe Public?

Yes, they're called central heating merchants

More information than "Glowworm, I think" might be useful when trying to
get parts
--
geoff