Alex

Default Connecting grinder to 220V line?

I am pulling a new 220V line from a power box for my new belt grinder (20Amp 115/220V).
Wiring is inside my garage and 8 gauge wires go through conduit. San Francisco code
requires 4 poles for 220V appliances so I am using four wired inside conduit.
My question is how to wire switch and motor to four wires.
Motor wiring has 6 wires but instruction says that 3 wires go to one pole and 3 other to
another. What about ground and neutral?

Is there any good on line DIY manual for this kind of work.

BTW I am going to have a lichened electrician to inspect my work before attempting to
connect.

Thanks,
Alex