Robert Swinney

Ned sez:

"It's a pretty unusual feature on small (10-20HP?) VFDs. In
20+ years of building and working around industrial
machinery I've never actually run across a small VFD that
wouldn't run on single phase."

So, see Ned, how you've cut through tons of technical BS and gotten right
through to the central (and simple) theme of the subject at hand. Hey! No
reading of spec sheets for you - you made an assumption and acted on it. It
sorta stands to reason if a 3-phase motor can run on single-phase juice then
so can a VFD. So simple! We doesn't need no stinkin' spec sheets!

We have an award for folks like you. It is offered to those that somehow
cheat "Darwin" and continue on to unheralded fame. It gives me great
pleasure to award you the first ever "IGGY". Picture it! Cute little
statue . . . somewhat grotesque though, of a little idiot standing with one
foot on his tongue and the other on his dick.

Bob Swinney

"Ned Simmons" wrote in message
In article ,
says...

"R. O'Brian" wrote in message
Make sure the VFD of choice will run on single-phase. Some have phase
loss
detection which shuts down the unit if a phase goes down.

Randy

Is that a parameter that can be changed through programming?

Ned Simmons