Eugene Nine

Alan Smithee wrote:

I want to rebuild my cordless drill's battery pack. I need 15 sub c cells
1.2 volt (18volts/1.2=15). My old drill took NiCads but I thought I'd
upgrade them to NiMH. The charger is one of those dumb chargers, hopefully
it just takes longer to charger the NiMHs. BTW, how do you solder the
suckers together? Last time I tried to solder a battery I couldn't get the
end to take tin. Also, is there a decent mailorder battery place someone
could recommend. Geez, you do a search for batteries on the internet and
it almost like searching for p*rn with the number of flaky sites that come
up. Thx.

Try www.digi-key.com or www.mouser.com. They sell the cells plain and
tabbed and will spot weld the cells together for you.