SQLit

"SteveB" wrote in message
news:qUnTe.74156$DW1.20296@fed1read06...
I just returned from my newly purchased used mountain cabin. While there,

learned from the locals that they have put outhouses in for use in winter
when the water system freezes up.

I have Googled, marked Favorite places with the top Google FAQ, and read a
bit. The sizes, procedures, and principles don't seem to be a biggie.

Anyone ever do this?

Hints?

Caveats?

Steve

Not since the 60's. Where is your well? This old house did an episode
that where they drilled a well and it had to be 100 feet away from the
septic tank's leach field. What do the regs in your cabin's location say?

Why does the water freeze up in the winter? When we lived on the farm the
folks put in a plastic pipe from the well that expanded faster than the
water could freeze. Anyway that is what I remember. When it was 10 or so
below zero dad always put the kitchen faucet on a slow run to make the pump
run and keep the water moving.