Alan Smithee

Maybe it's a case of love thy neighbour. Remember Pygmalion? The rain in
Spain falls mainly in the plain! Maybe these people need to be helped into
the 21 Century. That would take effort of course.

snafu wrote:
This past March, some white trailer trash moved in across the way
from me. Right afterwards, they began running a generator 24/7 to
supply themselves with power (supposedly they can't afford to have
electricity run to their sty). I complained to the township
supervisors about the constant noise and the idiots did quit running
the generator at night, but I've had to listen to that racket hour
after hour, day after day, week after week for six months. Every time
I open a door or window, every time I want to sit on my deck, it's
there. Given that we had 90+ degree heat through most of the summer,
I felt trapped in my closed up house because listening to that
generator drives me nuts after a short while.

I went back to the supervisors last week and found out the township
does not have a noise/disturbing the peace ordinance. But the
supervisors told me they've had numerous complaints on different
matters about these jerks, including from the sewerage inspector.
Seems the sow living in the trailer has no sewage, craps in a bucket,
and hauls the bucket to her mother's place to flush her wastes away.
Ye gods.

Today when I got home from work, I had planned to cook on the grill
since it's a warm, sunny evening - but the yahoos across the way are
burning. When I opened the door to my deck, my whole house filled
with what smells like burning plastic. I looked over their way and
saw thick clouds of black smoke rising above the trees.

I've thought of several ways of dealing with the situation, all of
them immoral and most of them illegal. But I'm at my wits end with
this - I can't see spending the rest of my life listening to that
damn generator and putting up with the other nonsense this crew is
dishing out.

Sorry about the long rant, but any suggestions about where I should
go from here to regain my quality of home life and sanity would be
most appreciated.