Alan Smithee

chester wrote:
I am about to buy this cordliss drill, but was wondering if anyone has
any experience/opinions on how much of a difference there is between
the
15.6V and an 18V (panasonic has an 18V for ~$40 more, but I like the
idea of lighter/smaller). I know the 15.6 volt will serve most of my
needs, but occasionally I want to drill though studs (for running
wires, e.g.) or 3/4" plywood, treated lumber, etc., and have found my
old Ryobi 12V inadequte for such tasks (well, the batteries are
pretty old in that one). Will the 15.6V have the torque to accomplish
such tasks, in anyone's experience?
thx

I just bought this drill this morning the 15.6v EY6432. I did my homework,
it was picked as the top drill by the editors of Fine Homebuilding in the
March 2003 issue. By all accounts it's awesome. NiMH batteries with a SMART
Charger -- alleluia! . It has the feel of a precision instrument. The only
down side is the price. But I finally got tired of buying a new drill every
two or three years. I'm hoping I'll get at least 5 or 10 years out of this
one. I'm going to try to rebuild my old drill's battery packs (see my post)
to use as a back up or as a spare.