Fred

"Greg" wrote in message
We are buying a house built in 2003. The tile in the kitchen has cracked.
Instead of replacing it, we are thinking about this stamped concrete
process. Anyone know anything about this as far as durability and so on?
I'm guessing the reason the tile cracked is due to settling. After 2 years
I'm hoping it has stopped. Anyway, the guy my wife talked to said he could
either pour it directly over the existing tile or remove the tile and pour
it.

If you have a settling problem I would fix this first before pouring a
concrete slab. Stamped concrete in the kitchen wouldn't that be a
maintenance issue like mopping, sweeping and vacuuming where the dirt and
food particles get into all the nooks and crannies? Concrete is cold and
hard and I don't like walking on it. Our house is on a concrete slab but
none of it is exposed. Its covered by carpet, tile, laminate, vinyl, etc. I
rather have stamped concrete on my driveway than in the house. I does look
very nice though.