BIG NIGE

Your PIR is looking for a moving heat source, the exhaust from your boiler
is a moving heat source, you have to stop the sensor seeing the area where
the exhaust flows before it cools (in all wind conditions) this will mean
moving or masking of the PIR.(unless of course you fancy moving the boiler)

"nazn" wrote in message
ups.com...
Hi there,

I have recently installed 2 floodlights that are to be controlled by an
independant sensor. I am having major probs with the sensor sensing
the exhaust fumes every time the boiler is used.

The sensor is located approx 4ft from the flue outlet at a right angle
so te flue blows in the direction of the sensor. I have moved the
sensor higher up and today built a metal shield around the flue to vent
the fumes upwards all to no avail.
I can't really move the sensor elsewhere as it's current location is
the best spot for it to pickup any 'dancing bears' (from a previous
post!)

I would appreciate any suggestions on how this problem can be tackled.

Msny thanks

Naz