ben

David Hearn wrote:
I have to re-attach a piece of plastic which is the pivot for 2 pieces
of plastic to hinge. It's like a plastic rivet. Unfortunately the
top of the 'rivet' has come off (top is about 2cm across) and needs
to be glued back onto the shaft (about 1cm diameter tube, about 2-3mm
of material).

What would be the best glue to do this, considering that it is under
quite a bit of stress when the 2 arms are flexed?

Whether or not it is a long term fix is another matter - I just need
it to work for as long as possible.

Thanks

David

Araldite

Without seein/knowing the what it really looks like I doubt whether you
will a succesfull fix if the area is taking stress on it with glue, could
you not make another rivet? Modellers shops sell all sorts of plastic
rods/sheetplastics.