John

"Deville" wrote in message
Having just replaced separate hot and cold bath taps with a mixer tap,
I'm finding that the flow rate has been reduced, almost as if the
mixer tap wasn't fully opening. Presumably this is a symptom of a
defective tap rather than a "feature"?

Could be a number of things. Have you used flexis? Their internal bore is
a lot smaller than that of copper pipe and can reduce flow on sytstems where
the pressure isn't very high. It could be that the stopcock and/or
isolators are not turned fully on ( I always turn stopcocks fully on and
then 1/2 a turn back ). It may be a mixer tap designed for high pressure
systems and your system isn't.

HTH

John