aam

Thanks for your post Dave, useful information for me to bear in mind
in future.

On Sat, 10 Sep 2005 22:10:16 GMT, "david lang" wrote:

aam wrote:
I noticed a hammer drill offered for sale in Aldis today.
It has an SDS-type tool chuck but describes itself as being a
pneumatic drill.
However, it is also electically powered.
Is anyone here familiar with this tool, and able to say how it
compares with a simple electrically operated SDS drill ?

Can't comment on the exact drill, but when it is described as 'pneumatic',
that simply describes the way the bit is struck with the drills hammer. All
SDS type drills use a piston which drives a hammer using air pressure.

Dave