tony sayer

In article , Andrew Gabriel
writes
In article ,
Mike Dodd no-address@lo0 writes:
Anyway, what a day - practiced with jig, no problems, so cut out the
female joint on one worktop - beautiful results, so continued with new
router to route a lip around the worktop (to fit under the tiles - the
original worktop was 30mm, this is 40mm, so there needs to be a rebate
to allow the edge of the worktop under the tile edge). Cut the piece to
size, measured for the kitchen sink, and started cutting with jigsaw.
Damned hard work - with downward cutting blades, the jigsaw bounces a
lot, so I put more and more weight onto the worktop and the jigsaw to
stop the bounce. This worked well, until I made the cut across the depth

I cutout for the sink using a set of hole cutters to cut the 4 holes
for the radiused corners, and then a circular saw (from the rear,
plunge cut) to join the 4 holes together. Need to be very accurate
starting and stopping the cut. I might have used a jigsaw just to
complete the circular saw cut squarely (it's a few years ago and I
can't recall exactly now).

And err.. when you've dun all that, coat the cut edges with a good
varnish or similar waterproof, just in case the water should ever leak
into the edges or joints such as it will if given half a chance and the
sight ain't pretty;!....
--
Tony Sayer