Amun

"patrick mitchel" wrote in message

Duane Bozarth wrote in message

I've found a couple of the newer citric-based to work quite well, in
fact. Takes a couple of days sitting, but if the brush is a real
quality brush, well worth the time and definitely not the abuse.

Second the citrus solvent. I used the zep citrus degreaser from home

depot
and big orange citrus degreaser from smart and final (socal) - they both
work on the housepaint (latex and enamel) when left in overnight or for

some
time in sunluight (to get the elevated temps)They also take the print (and
resins)right off circular saw blades. Pat

All well and good ,and some may want to try it.

But the OP did say "synthetic" paint brush.

All of those "citrus" cleaners are still oil based and may be great on a
real bristle brush. (that water based products might damage)
But watch which plastics you try to clean.
Check the label and I'll bet in all the small print it tells you to be
careful with some plastics

You missed the part where I stressed the hammer method was

"last shot, drastic action as there is no other choice, and
nothing to lose."

Perhaps I could have been clearer and said
"after nothing else works, just before you are ready to toss the brush, but
you STILL want to try saving it."

Better ?

AMUN