Hi;

I went from the old fashion storage with a header tank to Combi.

I gain the area used by the Hot Water Tank (I have a smal semi) and
lost the problomatic cold water header tank in the attic

Very rarely use the bath, rather an electric shower, and pay one bill
for all energy used.

I did install from scratch a Combi that got round my main Combi
complaint in a flat of mine, the complaint is the wait for the hot
water to the Kitchen sink from the far away Combi. (In the flat I sited
the Combi beside the sink). I guess the installation using existing
Stored water pipes was not the correct thing to do, but we all know the
pressure of making a buck.

I cannot help but wonder at modern Combis being sited miles from the
target tap. A new house has the boiler sited in the Garage. Bloody
Regs, I bet.

Regards
Ian