David

Default B&Q v cheap sds at the moment

"Andy Hall" wrote in message
On Mon, 21 Jun 2004 17:07:20 +0100, "David"
Not really. It will cost you more than you are saving in cash and
time to return the thing when it breaks. There are no spare parts, so
you should treat the item as a write off after the warranty.

At a five minute walk its not a great hassle getting back to the shop, I
often nip around that way when taking our youngest out to try and get her
asleep in the pram.

The main reason I won't be getting one personally is that It will probably
never come out of the box as I'm happy with the SDS that I have and even for
breaking jobs I don't fancy having the extra couple of kg of the PP model to
haul around.

A fair number of the PP tools have been half price over the last month or
so, and while generally I have never looked all that closely at them

this
one caught my eye on the way past. What I could really do with though is

decent circluar saw.

If you want a decent but inexpensive circular saw, then a good option
is Skil. Their products are trade workhorses, not fancy but very
solid and have been around for donkey's years.

I have a Skil drill, thats now 11 years old, but it only gets used for
mixing small batches of plaster or cement. It always felt a bit under
powered, but then again I'm sure that it would have been abudget model when
I bought it.

I'll have a look at the circular saws next time I pass by though

The PP stuff is generally absolute junk sold on a volume basis with
the store doing the sums on a return rate. The prices are dropped
when they have ended their run with one supplier and are going to move
to another.

cheers

David