tzd3sw

Default What size gap for doorframe ?

(N. Thornton) wrote in message . com...
Jerry Built ] wrote in message news:ENDQOEEBODAFJQOHD3MMDUICENB1ANH1MMJ4ONAI@zip lip.com...
tzd3sw wrote:
I'm building a thermalite wall between my garage and what will
be a utility room. This wall will have a door through. What
size gap should I leave for the door and frame ? Is there a
standard size ? This will be a firedoor if it makes any
difference.

Buy your frame, and build it in. This will make it easier to get
a good fixing, and you will be dead on for size.

J.B.

this is way easier. Or for those of us framing as we go, attach hinge
side of frame, attach door, put up other side of frame. It really is
far easier than mucking about trying to make everything fit later.

Regards, NT

Thanks guys, Just the info I wanted. I think I'll get the frame and
build as I go - good advice as usual.

I do worry about some of the legislation though. Whats the point of
building a doorway suitable for getting a wheelchair through only to
have to have a step down into the garage!!

More not "joined up" legislation . . . .

Tim