Dave Matthews

"David Hearn" wrote in message

Were these new holes precisely square to the joist, and were they all at
identical points between these 5 joists (ie. you could look through from
one end to the other without any deviation or blockage etc).

They were square in the vertical plane but as some joists were quite close
to each other, we had to angle some of the holes in the horizontal plane -
in a "downhill/uphill" manner. They were all at identical points, though.

Feeing 2.5mm T&E through holes in joists isn't difficult, whereas
feeding 3m of copper pipe though holes is. Unless you start bending it
to get it through the first hole, it's pretty much impossible I think.

Yes, I understand that and I can accept the need for a top-of-the-joist
notch approach but it still seems utterly irresponsible to make the notch so
shallow as to make the pipes so vulnerable.

--

Cheers,

Dave