Cliff

On Fri, 09 Sep 2005 21:01:07 -0500, "Martin H. Eastburn"
wrote:

Erie canal still exists like the Panama canal with massive
locks (oceans are not the same height)

My query was about the canal, not locks.

The Mississippi has locks in the re-direction of that and more and more.

I don't really recall many locks on the lower Mississippi.

Martin
Martin Eastburn
NRA LOH, NRA Life

Cliff wrote:
On Thu, 08 Sep 2005 22:49:02 -0500, "Martin H. Eastburn"
wrote:

Look at the Erie canal - what are the locks for ?

Does that still exist in operation ANYWHERE?
It used to go very near a house I once lived in in Ohio IIRC.
Buckeye Lake in Ohio was constructed to provide
some of it's water IIRC.

--
Cliff