RedOnRed

"RedOnRed" wrote in message

"Mr Fuxit" wrote in message
oups.com...
However the stain block (water based) is still showing the colour
through

after two coats.

As far as I am concerned, no water based stain block can be as
efficient as a spirit based one. A long, long time ago, I was taught to
use shellac knotting to prevent bleed-through, and the only reason I
now use Zinsser is that it is slightly paler, and can be used more
easily under one-coat paints.

Actually, I can see your product on here...

http://www.zinsser.com/subcat.asp?CategoryID=1

It looks like they've got quite a good range of stain blockers. I'll have to
try and alternative to Screwfix's, which to be honest - hasn't blown me
away.