T i m

On Fri, 09 Sep 2005 17:06:16 GMT, "James Sweet"
wrote:

Now, before you say anything, I had tried it several times over a
period of a few weeks and could not get it to do anything, I had tried
adjusting all sorts of things and had even followed the destruction
manual for this type of fault, but could not get it to work. ...
/quote.

So, I suppose time will tell ?

*sigh* tried adjusting things? Why do people *always* fiddle with alll the
adjustments when something breaks?

Good question .. We stopped to help a fellow cyclist the other day and
it looked like the rear wheel had tried to eat his rear gear mech ;-(
He said 'I was just fiddling with the gears when .. " ;-)

Thankfully LCD's tend not to have
non-user adjustments accessible.

Indeed .. and just as well maybe ;-)

I suspect there's a bad solder joint or other intermittant problem on the
backlight inverter, the problem will crop up again.

Well, if it does at least we now have a better idea what might be
wrong .. ie it's not the backlights themselves?

All the best ..

T i m