Robatoy

In article 36,
Patriarch wrote:

"Limey Lurker" wrote in
oups.com:

In commercial applications, I cut a
piece of 1-1/4" PVC drain pipe the length of which is the same as the
thickness of the counter top. I silicone that in place creating a
sleeve.

What is this for, please?

I'm surmising Rob does this to water seal the holes through which the water
supply lines pass. Clever trick which I may use next time.

Patriarch

I developed that while Wilsonart was promoting a 1/8" thick solid
surface veneer. I found it works really well on laminate as well...sooo..
That's the reason I do it. If I were to install the taps, silicone would
be sufficient, because I would take care putting the offset fitting
through the hole.....plumbers, however, need the plastic to bang
against..G

Besides, it's a great little marketing tool. It has a little story, I
carry a little sample, costs very little, and nobody else bothers doing
it... worth a quick $100.00 over the whole job..G