Mike Marlow

"Upscale" wrote in message
"Battleax" wrote in message
Rollers are virtually useless and cause all sorts of problems. The ball
bearing is the ticket.

Poor answer. Rollers are fine any certain circumstance where the feed bias
of the wood is taken into account. Roller balls are good where feed bias

is
a concern. Roller balls have their problems though, such as when you're
cutting thin strips of wood unless you've got dozens of them spaced
extremely close together. That's a problem that rollers don't have.

Correct. I actually don't find rollers to be as bad as most people complain
about. I think most people just repeat what they've heard without having
experienced the matter themselves. It does take some attention to set up a
roller so that it doesn't skew a board, but it's not like you're getting out
the micrometer to set it up. I probably don't spend a minute setting mine
up. I'd like to have both bearing stands and roller stands, but I've just
never gone out and bought bearing stands. So, I make do with my rollers and
they just don't cause me that much trouble.

--

-Mike-