N. Thornton

Default Lining Paper - no joins visible - stays put.

(Eric Cartman) wrote in message . com...
OK, thanks guys. Will keep your ideas in mind.

When I say the walls need skimming it is not because the plaster is
terrible but the house is a 1930's construction and after removing the
paper the walls have large areas of size that are firmly attached and
trying to remove them just gouges the plaster. Suppose I could try
polycell basecoat or similar rather than skimming? Just at the
investigation stage.

why not paper over the paper? If you can do that its far quicker. Have
the new joins in different place to old joins.

Folks have said pva the wall: works fine but there is a quicker
option, paint the wall with water (dont miss bits), give it 30 secs to
soak in and get straight on with it. Works nicely.

Regards, NT