Fitz wrote:
Jim Scott wrote:
Are proprietary 'Stain block' paints any better than oil-based undercoats?

I have used the stain block that Screwfix sell to cover water marked
plaster. I found the yellowing stain came through the stain block as
well, which looked suspiciously like normal emulsion to me. Eventually
I managed to cover it, but it took several coats of stain block and
several more coats of normal emulsion (Dulux trade satin).

Make of that what you will.

--

Steve F

I used Zinnser BIN Stain block to cover nicotine staining. A small can
which didn't cover anything close to the area written on the tin and
the stains also came through again.

Ended up using a wood undercoat and it worked perfectly.